While there are ways to protect your car’s paint, certainly ceramic coating is one of the widely used and effective methods. You probably have seen a lot of videos of people using it at their home, or having it done by a professional detailer or you did both yourself. Either way, still many people wonder how they work, and what’s the essence of ceramic coatings. In this article, we will delve to reveal that and more.
What is Ceramic Coating?
Imagine you have a new car that you really want to keep looking shiny and new for as long as possible, or maybe an older one and make it look like new. That’s where ceramic coating comes in, it’s like a special invisible shield that you can apply to your car’s surface. This has many benefits clearly, it will make it harder for things like dirt, water, and other contaminants to stick to your car’s paint.
In simple terms, ceramic coating is a protective layer that will help your car stay cleaner, shinier, and more resistant to damage.
How Do They Work and What to Use
As we mentioned above, ceramic coatings are made from a special liquid that has tiny particles of ceramic in it. These particles make the liquid tough and resistant to sunlight, dirt, water spots, and even small scratches when applied to your car. One of the main ingredients that give ceramic coating its protective feature is silicon dioxide or known simply as SiO2.
Nowadays, it’s really easy for you to benefit from ceramic coatings while applying them from your home. You can pick the most concentrated DIY ceramic coating spray on the market, Nexgen Ceramic Spray with 13% silicon dioxide, with an easy application process. After washing your car, just spray on it, wipe it with a towel, the buff it out with the dry side of the towel.
If you’re not sure how to do it by yourself then make sure to check how to apply ceramic coating to your car.
Top 5 Benefits of Ceramic Coatings
The reason they gained quick attention in the car care world is precisely their ability to protect car paints from challenges on the roads and make them look shiny and new. The ceramic coatings offer a set of benefits, here are the top 5 benefits you can gain from using it:
- Protection– This feature is probably the most sought-after, ceramic coating will act as a shield on your car’s exterior. Offering protection from, UV rays, bird droppings, road salt, and other environmental contaminants
- Lasting Gloss– It will give your car a deep, reflective gloss over an extended period of time. Making your car shiny and looking new even after miles on the road.
- Water Spot Prevention– Ceramic coating will create a resistant surface on your car’s paint and prevent water from lingering and causing these unsightly spots.
- Reduced Maintenance- Thanks to the hydrophobic feature of ceramic coatings it’s easier for you to clean sessions as debris will slide off easily, leaving you with a fresh finish.
- Chemical Resistance– Ceramic coatings offer a protective barrier that will resist road chemicals, pollutants, and other contaminants that with time can damage your car’s pain.
How Long Does Ceramic Coating Last?
It depends on different factors such as the product you are using, the way you are applying it, maintenance, and your environmental conditions. A professional and well-applied coating can last anywhere from 1 to 5 years. Make sure to properly take care of your car, clean it gently and try to avoid harsh conditions, this way you will help to extend its lifespan. Ceramic coating sprays are easy to use and you can reapply them every few months to maintain those results.
It’s safe to conclude that ceramic coatings have emerged as an effective protector for your car’s paint. Be it a DIY or professional application ceramic coatings have many benefits as mentioned above in details that you can gain from using them. Being an invisible shield and offering a prolonged shine and durability up to repelling dirt and water.
Now that you understand how they work and their benefits you can make informed decisions to keep your car’s paint shiny and new!