It is fair to say that here in Australia, we take care of our trucks much like we take care of our children and the family vehicle or workhorse is an extended member of the family unit. This is why you will find many Australians out on their drives or in the streets washing and waxing their vehicles on a very regular basis. The vehicle that you drive is probably the second biggest investment after your home and so it makes perfect sense that you want to extend its lifetime and for it to look amazing at all times. This is why Australians spend a great deal of money every single year making their truck more appealing.
One of the popular things that they do is to add an aluminium ute tray that not only looks amazing but has many practical uses as well. The other selling point is that it is very affordable and there are many different kinds and sizes to choose from. This is just one tip to help to make your truck more enjoyable to drive every single day and the following are just some others.
- Some new rims and tyres– This is one of the fastest ways that you can transform how your truck looks from the very beginning and they are certainly an eye-catcher when you take your truck out onto the roads. From a working point of view, you might do a lot of work in the outback and so a strong set of rims and big tyres will help you to have more traction and allow you to be able to go to places that you normally couldn’t. The one thing to remember is that to make sure that you choose sizes that won’t rub on the body of your truck.
- Install a lift kit – Another issue that many Australian truck drivers experience is that they don’t have enough distance from the bottom of the truck to the road and so if they have to go on bumpy ground, they can end up damaging the underside of their truck. That’s the beauty about installing a lift kit because this helps to lift your truck higher and not only do you have a safer ride but you get to see a lot more.
- Install a front bull bar – Unfortunately here in Australia, many animals run out onto the road and we end up hitting them which not only damages your truck extensively but takes their life as well. Clearly, you want to make sure that in the event that you hit such a beast that your truck is protected and that you are protected inside it.
- Consider some side rails – If you are the kind of person who likes to go off-road on a regular basis either because you like it or it is for your job then there is the possibility that the underside of your truck and the panels above may be damaged by rocks that shoot up from under the wheels. In order to keep these rocks at bay and also provide you with a strong place to step on as you get into and exit your vehicle, installing side rails that are not factory-fitted is a very smart investment indeed.
- Change to LED bulbs – This is such a simple change and yet it provides you with a lot more light so that you can see exactly where you’re going and these types of bulbs actually use less power as well. For some suggestions, change the lights to LEDs for your license plate, your door lights and the ceiling lights as well. The other selling point is that you can easily install these by yourself in a very short space of time and they make a dramatic difference to your daily driving experience.
These are just three suggestions to help make your ride more enjoyable as you make your way around the roads all across Australia every single day. We spend a great deal of time inside our trucks and so it makes perfect sense that we would want to be as comfortable as possible.