Morgan Wallen, the renowned country hitmaker, has faced a setback in his concert schedule due to a vocal cord injury. In an Instagram video shared with his fans, Wallen revealed that he will be placed on vocal rest for six weeks, affecting 14 upcoming concerts. This news comes after Wallen previously canceled a show in Mississippi due to vocal issues, leaving fans disappointed. Let’s delve into the details of Wallen’s injury and its impact on his concerts.
Wallen’s Vocal Cord Injury
In the Instagram video, Wallen shared the news he received from the doctors at the Vanderbilt Voice Center. After a period of vocal rest, he performed three shows in Florida, where he unfortunately experienced significant discomfort. Following his performances, he underwent a medical examination, which revealed a reinjury to his vocal cords and vocal fold trauma. As a result, the doctors advised him to go on vocal rest for six weeks.
Impacted Concerts and Awards
Wallen’s vocal cord injury will significantly affect his concert schedule. He will be unable to appear at the upcoming Academy of Country Music Awards, where he is nominated for four awards, including entertainer of the year. Additionally, any festival appearances scheduled for the near future will be rescheduled to 2024.
Fans who purchased tickets for Wallen’s upcoming shows need not worry. The concerts, originally set to resume on May 18 in Hershey, Pennsylvania, will be rescheduled. The tickets for the postponed shows will be honored at the rescheduled performances. Once the new dates are announced, a 30-day refund window will be opened for fans who are unable to attend the rescheduled concerts.
Wallen’s Chart-Topping Success
Despite the setback with his concerts, Wallen’s album “One Thing At a Time” continues to dominate the charts. It currently holds the top position on the Billboard 200 album chart for the ninth consecutive week. Furthermore, his hit single “Last Night” is also at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Affected Concert Dates
The following shows have been affected by Wallen’s vocal cord injury:
- May 18: Hershey, PA, Hersheypark Stadium
- May 19: East Rutherford, NJ, MetLife Stadium
- May 20: East Rutherford, NJ, MetLife Stadium
- May 24: Austin, TX, Moody Center
- May 26: Houston, TX, Minute Maid Park
- June 1: Atlanta, GA, Truist Park
- June 2: Atlanta, GA, Truist Park
- June 3: Panama City Beach, FL, Gulf Coast Jam
- June 8: Virginia Beach, VA, Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater at Virginia Beach
- June 9: Virginia Beach, VA, Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater at Virginia Beach
- June 10: Myrtle Beach, SC, Carolina Country Music Fest
- June 14: Pittsburgh, PA, PNC Park
- June 15: Pittsburgh, PA, PNC Park
- June 17: Philadelphia, PA, Citizens Bank Park
Morgan Wallen’s vocal cord injury has necessitated the postponement of his upcoming concerts, including his shows in Pittsburgh. Fans who purchased tickets will have the opportunity to attend the rescheduled performances, and a refund window will be provided for those unable to attend the new dates. Despite this setback, Wallen’s album continues to dominate the charts, showcasing his ongoing success. We wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to his triumphant return to the stage.